Dr. Ferguson is board certified in vascular and general surgery. He graduated from Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2008. He completed his surgical residency at The University of South Alabama Medical Center in 2014 followed by his vascular surgery fellowship at The University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi in 2016.
Dr. Ferguson is skilled in advanced, minimally invasive, endovascular techniques as well as traditional open surgery for the treatment of peripheral arterial disease (PAD), limb salvage, aortic aneurysmal and occlusive disease, carotid disease, varicose veins, lower extremity swelling and deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary emboli.
- Alabama – 2011 to present
- Mississippi – 2014 to present
- 2015 - Board Certified, American Board of Surgery in General Surgery
- 2017 – Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)
- 2021 - Board Certified, American Board of Surgery in Vascular Surgery
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Outpatient Endovascular Interventional Society since 2021
- Society of Vascular Surgery, member since 2014
- Southern Association of Vascular Surgery, candidate member since 2016
- American College of Surgeons, member since 2008
- Medical Society of Mobile County, member since 2008
Honors and Achievements:
- Earnest G. DeBakey Surgical Summit – Presenter, Mobile Infirmary Medical Center, Mobile AL – August 2017
- Foundations of Lower Extremity Amputee Care – Presenter, Rotary Rehabilitation Hospital, Mobile, AL – June 2017
- James D. Hardy Presenter, University of Mississippi Medical Center – Fenestrated Repair of Juxtarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms – May 2016
- Surgery Grand Rounds; University of South Alabama Medical Center “Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms” – April 2014
- Co-Author of poster presentation for The Southeastern Surgical Congress meeting 2013 Mesh Wrapping for Traumatic Liver Injury in Pediatric Patients: A Case Presentation and Review of Literature, K. Hummel D.O., S. Brevard M.D., J. Simmons M.D., L. Ferguson D.O., R. Gonzalez M.D.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Ferguson enjoys hunting, fishing, and spending time with his family. He welcomes the opportunity to treat new patients, and the practice accepts most major medical insurance plans.